Do I believe people can change?
Yes, I believe people behave based on past experiences, information and most importantly, a set of underlying principles. Individual change depends on what these principles are and how strong/important they are to the person. That said, individual changes are a product of one’s underlying principles: there’s a limit to how much change can occur if one’s principles do not change.
What are my thoughts on new year resolutions?
In my opinion, new year resolutions should be a result of the reflections done in the last few days of the past year, or at the start of the new year. That said, I don’t subscribe to the notion that a new year indicates a new you; no matter what time of the year it is, if you notice something about yourself you need to change, implement that change immediately.
Since this is a new year, here are some reminders I would like to share with you. These are questions I hope can influence your daily life and inspire you to be better.
- Does this (action) make me truly happy?
- How can I be a better person?
- Do I really want to do this (Action)?
- Am I responding or acting based on an emotion I currently feel?
- Does this (action) align with my goals?
- Am I being completely honest with myself?
- Am I helping someone and giving back in any way?
- What legacy am I leaving behind?
- Have I reached out to those that matter?
- Does this glorify God?
I shared some daily reminders here, please feel free to check them out. Wishing you the very best in the new year. Have an awesome 2018!
If you haven’t already, please subscribe to the blog and share with your friends.