Welcome to a new month! Can you believe the year is almost over? October was a rather interesting month for me, and although the month went by really fast, I am thankful for all the lessons, struggles and experiences I encountered in October.
Some highlights from October
– I almost got sold on the idea of a personal trainer. Now, this isn’t something I am particularly interested in as I think inconsistency is the major hindrance from achieving my fitness goals. (I know, I know, consistency is something I need to work on.) Well, it felt great to walk away from such a momentarily tempting offer but I realized I could on my own do a number of the things that the service offered. Lesson: There are some things you would need help with, and there are things that you can do on your own. If you are not willing to put in the work to get your tasks done, you could get help- but more often than not, it comes at a cost. PS-This is not to bash personal trainers, but considering the financial cost and my fitness goal, it is simply NOT a necessity for me at the moment. Practice: Going to the gym in the mornings (before work) as I feel my current schedule takes up my evenings as I get home pretty exhausted. Going to the gym in the mornings could yield to more productive mornings and evenings.
Saying ‘No’ and Accepting ‘Noes’: I believe I said a lot of Noes in Octobers, mainly because I was occupied or resting. However, there was a part of me that said ‘No’ for the simple reason that I just didn’t want to. On the other hand, accepting ‘No’ can be pretty hard. A friend pointed out that I struggle with accepting ‘Noes’ and usually sulk or argue. I’m not sure if this is good or bad as I don’t really beat myself up about rejection (ok, maybe sometimes 🙂 ) but I believe this is something I could work on. Lesson: Be nice, but know where to draw the line. Don’t be so eager to be a people-pleaser that you take on more than you can handle. In my opinion, an apology and declination is sometimes better than deliberately putting yourself in awkward or stressful situations. You can’t please everyone. Practice: Saying ‘No’ in a nice way.
- Place my focus on the things that matter the most to me.
- Take life a day at a time; worry less, but be conscious and intentional with the use of my time.
- Stop selling myself short.
- Be confident and aggressive in pursuing my goals.
- Remember that denial and rejection won’t kill me.
- Master the habit of delayed gratification. There is a time for everything.
- Don’t give up; simply change my tactic and work harder.
- Take well deserved breaks.
What I’ve Been Up To:
- Read “Memories of Midnight” by Sidney Sheldon.
- Got off snapchat momentarily. Considering a social media detox in the nearest future.
- Loved listening to “I said what I said” and “Case Files” podcasts. Recommending Dirty John for people who enjoy thrillers. Favourite podcast however has to be “No Limits with Rebecca Jarvis”.
- Drank a lot of water
- I believe I stuck to my budget (except for some outliers, looking forward to doing my accounts this weekend.)
I know I got a little personal in this post but I hope you enjoyed the post anyways. I hope to release new posts weekly. In other news, NOVEMBER is going to be LIT! Please subscribe if you haven’t already and share with your friends.
Lots of love,
One thought on “October: Reflections, Lessons + What I’ve Been Up To”