Hello, It’s been a while since I last wrote a blog post; I’m sorry. I turned 25 a few months ago and while this post has been ready for months, I’m finally going to share this. Included in this post are some of the pictures from my birthday photoshoot. The idea of a photoshoot started out as a joke and I ended up going with it.
- You are where you are for a reason; embrace every season and make the best of it. You’ll never get this time back.
- Try not to make major decisions in the spur of the moment. Take a moment to pray and think first.
- Your words are very powerful; be mindful of what you say. Life & death are actually in the power of the tongue.
- You are not for everyone; your people will get (understand) you!
- Surround yourself with people that love you enough to tell you the truth.
- Be honest with yourself about everything including your screw ups.
- Pride is literally one of the worst things you can have. Pride robs you of a lot of things including joy.
- Acknowledging your weakness & shortcomings is a great first step but, the most important thing is what you do about it.
- There’s no such thing as ‘that’s how I am’; we are all capable of change.
- Your past doesn’t define you. Yes, it might influence your decisions & opinions but it doesn’t define you.
- Heartbreak sucks! But, we move & rise like yeast. Sidebar: Cry as much as you want to & don’t let people police your emotions or rush your healing process.
- ‘It fit be you’ so remain humble & grateful.
- Love requires sacrifice. Being in relationship with others in general requires sacrifice.
- Try to dey enjoy, problem no dey finish.
- Bring your best self to work or whatever it is you want to do. Hard work pays off.
- Learning to say no will save you a lot of time, drama and stress.
- Ask away! What’s the worst that could happen?
- Be yourself! Take feedback and improve on yourself as much as possible whenever you get the chance to! But, don’t change yourself and don’t be someone you are not to fit in a place you don’t belong in. Be yourself!
- Nothing beats family. Love them and show them just how important they are to you. Note: parents are very much human too and can feel the same emotions we do (I was 24 when this dawned on me).
- Show up for your people; Love others and let them know just how much you love them! Never get too busy to show people just how much you care for them or be too cold hearted.
- Don’t get too comfortable at a job, situation or with the way things are that you refuse to embrace change. Comfort impedes growth.
- Jesus knew what he meant when He kept emphasizing we love God & love others. It’s hard!! But we gotta love everyone.
- A life with God makes the absolute difference.
- It’s much easier to cast your cares and worries on God.
- All things work together for good- Romans 8:28
Bonus: The moment you go from do they like me to do I like them, everything changes. But you gotta love yourself and know you are of much value before this happens.
That’s it for me. What’s one thing that really stood out to you from this post and maybe one thing you’ve learnt this year. I’m always happy to hear.
Photography: Arielle Ilona