I don’t think anyone ever saw this coming but, here it is and while things are cooling off a little bit in some part of the world, life as we once knew it may never be the same. A friend, Debbie and I host an instagram live on Wednesdays at noon (PST) discussing our lives and issues surrounding this pandemic. Piggybacking off that, I thought it would be great to write a little post on some of the things we spoke about and the things that have helped me adjust to this new normal.
- Having a routine: Thankfully, I get to work from home, however my work hours sort of sets the tone for my days and provide some structure. Everyday, I write down things I want to get done and my calls/hangouts for the day.
- Getting some fresh air: I can stay indoors all day, everyday if you let me. Going on a walk or a run helps me get some fresh air because nothing beats fresh air- not even an air conditioner.
- Being disciplined.
- Having a designated work or study area: Working or studying from my bed reduces my productivity and has sometimes ended in a nap. Having a work station changes the scenery a bit and increases my productivity I’ve found. There’s just something about sitting upright at my desk everyday.
- Doing something that makes me happy.
- Picking up a new habit: I have been taking post work naps (I’m going to miss this once this ends). This normally helps me shut off for a few hours and gets my brain rejuvenated for the rest of the evening.
- Staying away from online stores; specifically amazon. If you don’t need it don’t buy it. I have spent a little more than I normally would online shopping and some of the things I bought, I know I didn’t need. Practicing and maintaining good finance habits is still very important.
- Exercising and eating healthy: There are a lot of free workouts on the internet. I currently use this app and some workouts I’ve seen on instagram for home workouts. It’s been a lot easier to eat whatever these days but, I make sure I don’t fill myself up with snacks, drink water and eat healthy. I also try not to eat past a certain time.
- Connecting with people regularly.
- Staying Safe
Hope you enjoyed this post and picked up a thing or two from it. I would love to hear how you have been adapting to your new normal. Please share in the comments. Talk soon and be safe!