I don’t think anyone ever saw this coming but, here it is and while things are cooling off a little bit in some part of the world, life as we once knew it may never be the same. A friend, Debbie and I host an instagram live on Wednesdays at noon (PST) discussing our lives and issues surrounding this pandemic. Piggybacking off that, I thought it would be great to write a little post on some of the things we spoke about and the things that have helped me adjust to this new normal.
- Having a routine: Thankfully, I get to work from home, however my work hours sort of sets the tone for my days and provide some structure. Everyday, I write down things I want to get done and my calls/hangouts for the day.
- Getting some fresh air: I can stay indoors all day, everyday if you let me. Going on a walk or a run helps me get some fresh air because nothing beats fresh air- not even an air conditioner.
- Being disciplined.
- Having a designated work or study area: Working or studying from my bed reduces my productivity and has sometimes ended in a nap. Having a work station changes the scenery a bit and increases my productivity I’ve found. There’s just something about sitting upright at my desk everyday.
- Doing something that makes me happy.
- Picking up a new habit: I have been taking post work naps (I’m going to miss this once this ends). This normally helps me shut off for a few hours and gets my brain rejuvenated for the rest of the evening.
- Staying away from online stores; specifically amazon. If you don’t need it don’t buy it. I have spent a little more than I normally would online shopping and some of the things I bought, I know I didn’t need. Practicing and maintaining good finance habits is still very important.
- Exercising and eating healthy: There are a lot of free workouts on the internet. I currently use this app and some workouts I’ve seen on instagram for home workouts. It’s been a lot easier to eat whatever these days but, I make sure I don’t fill myself up with snacks, drink water and eat healthy. I also try not to eat past a certain time.
- Connecting with people regularly.
- Staying Safe
Hope you enjoyed this post and picked up a thing or two from it. I would love to hear how you have been adapting to your new normal. Please share in the comments. Talk soon and be safe!
2 thoughts on “Life As We Know It: The New Normal”
Lovely post Shasha. Indeed nobody anticipated this situation we’re in but it’s our responsibility to adapt to the times and make the most of whatever situation we find ourselves in… part of the beauty of being human.
Personally, I’m trying to be more disciplined in the area of my health. I haven’t had any motivation to exercise in a while, but I’m doing my best to stay healthy by eating healthy. At least that’s a step in the right direction. Thanks for sharing!💕
Hope you got to be more disciplined with you health and exercise.