“Ask and it shall be given to you……”- Matthew 7:7
I am going to a comedy show this weekend courtesy of my mom. Thank you, Mama! Now, this wouldn’t have been possible if I didn’t ask. Last year, I went to see my great aunt who lives in the LA county. I really wanted to see LA so badly but was too shy to speak up when I was asked what I would love to do. This year, I went to see my great aunt again and got to tour LA. (Read about my trip here).
A lot of times we miss out on things just because we didn’t ask or we are too scared to speak out. As an extremely shy person, I freak out asking questions especially when I am in a large group.
Some of the reasons I freak out are because:
- I am scared of denial,
- I just don’t want to speak out,
- I am super conscious of what people might think,
- I don’t think “my asking” would make a difference.
- I am too ‘lazy’ to ask. Can you relate?
Over the last few months, I have learnt to shy away from not asking questions. Life has been a lot better. It doesn’t hurt to ask!!
A few things I have gotten from “learning to ask/ speak up”-
- Comedy show tickets
- LA Tour
- Extensions on deadlines (I got an extension on a school deadline, I could honestly have done without it at that point but I asked, I am so glad I asked!)
- Clarity and Help
- Pictures (I made a friend because I asked for help with taking a picture of me)
I hope you enjoyed this post and are inspired to ask/ speak up more. I really look forward to hearing your experiences and thoughts on this.
Dedicated to my Mama!❤
Update- The show was amazing!