Early last year, a friend tried out Chef’s Plate and I sort of tagged along- hahaha. Prior to that, I don’t believe I had heard of this concept before, i.e. meal kits. I enjoyed some of the meals back then and knew I would try it out again. This time, I tried Hello Fresh as opposed to Chef’s plate and I got to enjoy the meals all by myself.
How it works
You order the meals you want from whatever is on that week’s menu and decide how many people you want to order for and what week/day/time you would like to have the ingredients arrive.
Pay and wait for your meals to arrive.
- The meals were relatively easy to make and came in especially handy when I didn’t want to buy groceries or buy lunch at work.
- I was exposed to new recipes and spices I would not ordinarily use.
- The box they send is able to last for 48 hours so, you don’t have to worry too much if you are away when the delivery is made.
- Naturally sourced, antibiotic ingredients.
- Very pricey- the Pronto box for 2 people costs $79.99. For me, this is way over my budget for what I need the meals for at the moment- lunch at work. I think it would be pretty cool to have a date night package (appetizers, main meal and dessert, that I would spend $80 for as opposed to going to a restaurant.)
My meals- Week 1
- Linguine Pasta and Pan Seared Chicken
- Israeli Couscous and asparagus (included shrimps)
- Potatoes, tomatoes and steak
After trying this out, I didn’t know I had to cancel my subscription, so I got another week’s worth of food.
- Chorizo bowl is not pictured but, it came with rice, salsa and sour cream.
- Israeli couscous, zucchini and chicken (this was super easy to make as the onions came chopped)
- Potatoes, peppers and steak
Ever tried a meal kit before? What were your thoughts, is this something you would do again or absolutely love doing? Please share with me in the comments.