Two weeks ago, I asked a number of people including people on my social media platforms to share major lessons they learnt in 2018.
For privacy reason, I made everyone’s response anonymous. Enjoy the responses!
- To be thankful and trust God.
- Family is always there for you first.
- Never trust people easily. Shine your eyes, don’t be naive.
- I learnt that reverse racism does not exist.
- Humans will always mess up; don’t trust. The more you let them, the more they screw you.
- Not every financial loss means you failed. Live and learn to make better choices.
- God’s timing is always perfect.
- Patience. It may take longer than your timeline, but it would work out eventually.
- Not to be dependent on people even if it is easier, I needed to branch out.
- To be more open minded about different experiences in life.
- Outgrowing friendships, relationships, habits, etc is absolutely ok. It is all a part of growing up.
- To stop planning and live in the moment.
- Everyone is selfish. And it’s not their fault, it’s human nature.
- I learnt you can find the best counsel amongst strangers.
- To be careful what you tell people.
- I wasted a lot of time not learning stuff.
- Don’t get attached to people.
- To eat well. Life is beautiful.
- Rather than worrying, praise God more; it’s a sure key to victory.
- You’re never “ready” or that timing is never “perfect” so might as well just start. After you do, you’ll realize it was the perfect timing to do so, or that you were in fact ‘ready’. Usually, it’s only your thoughts that hold you back.
- Forgiving is easy. Trusting again is the difficult part.
- Keep stuff to yourself. Spoil yourself; Chase your dreams.
- Somethings are really out of your control and regardless of how desperate you are for something to happen, you have to accept that not everything is going to come together the way you imagined it.
- I learnt that all things will work out for my good regardless of how they may appear. I also learned that not everyone has the same heart as you do.
- Totally put your trust in Christ Jesus.
- In the course of the year, I realized I was beginning to complain about everything. I had to consciously watch it by listening to myself and this increased my gratitude level.
- If someone asks you to do something, and you’re not sure you can, just say yes and learn how to do it later.
- Peace comes from God, while happiness comes from funds.
I believe we all learnt a number of valuable lessons this year and am thankful for 2018. Looking forward to the new year and the blessings that come with it. 2018,
I hope you had a wonderful year and wish you all the very best in the new year. Interested in sharing a thing or two you learnt in 2018? Please leave a comment.