Hi, I love food.
My name is Shasha and I love food.
How did I ever not like food when I was a kid? Back when I had the liberty to eat whatever I wanted to. *Sigh*
I will be sharing how I balance my love for food with a healthy diet and, of course in pictures!
Transitioning from junk food to a healthier diet?
- STOP buying junk food! I know it is not as easy as it sounds but that doesn’t mean it is impossible. Craving something sweet? How about an apple, a banana, mandarins/tangerine, an orange or watermelon?
- I still struggle with my greens so I’ll let you in on my secret… Turn your greens into smoothies!! When I first started eating healthy, my greens just used to stay in the fridge till they went bad. Now, I just blend a banana, berries, mandarins and spinach, kale or lettuce into a smoothie (occasionally, I add yogurt or fresh juice). Whatever works for you.
- Be creative in the kitchen. Buy groceries you are familiar with and experiment with them. The soup made below was made from leftover chicken broth and raw veggies. When I got to work, threw everything in a bowl and warmed it for 2 minutes. The veggies were still very fresh and crunchy!
- When I first met K*(one of my close friends- not real name), one of the things she said was “Google is your friend”. Don’t be scared to look up new recipes on the internet or look up cookies at your local grocery store.
- Drink a lot of water!I hope you enjoyed reading this post. I look forward to hearing any suggestions and new recipes from you.