Hi, I love food.
My name is Shasha and I love food.
How did I ever not like food when I was a kid? Back when I had the liberty to eat whatever I wanted to. *Sigh*
I will be sharing how I balance my love for food with a healthy diet and, of course in pictures!
Transitioning from junk food to a healthier diet?
- STOP buying junk food! I know it is not as easy as it sounds but that doesn’t mean it is impossible. Craving something sweet? How about an apple, a banana, mandarins/tangerine, an orange, watermelon?
- I still struggle with my greens so I’ll let you in on my secret… Turn your greens into smoothies!! When I first started eating healthy, my greens just used to stay in the fridge till they went bad. Now, I just blend a banana and spinach or kale or lettuce! (occasionally, I add yogurt or something else).Whatever works…
- Be creative in the kitchen. Buy groceries you are familiar with and experiment with them. The soup made below was made from leftover chicken broth and raw veggies. When I got to work, threw everything in a bowl and warmed it for 2 minutes. The veggies were still very fresh!
- When I first met K*(one of my close friends- not real name), one of the things she said was “Google is your friend”. Don’t be scared to look up new recipes in the internet.
- Drink a lot of water!I hope you enjoyed reading this post. I look forward to hearing any suggestions and new recipes from you all!